Welcome to The Well, a brand-new shelter and home for men experiencing homelessness in Saginaw. We are targeting early 2023 to open and welcome our first guests. Shown here are several members of our founding board, following one of their meetings earlier this year. We’ll introduce each member of our board over the next week!
Here are five things to know about The Well:
1. We are in the final stages of rehabbing a home generously donated by Emmaus House-Saginaw. (You can see some photos from the project in the “Preparing Our Home” photo album here on our Facebook page.)
2. The entire rehab project is being completed with donated materials and volunteer labor.
3. We are working closely with both Emmaus House and The Mustard Seed Shelter on setting up our program, and we are incredibly grateful for their support, encouragement and partnership. Both of their directors serve on our board!
4. Our hope is to follow in the footsteps of these two amazing organizations in creating a homelike setting where we can offer on-on-one support and help each guest develop a customized plan for success that meets them where they are.
5. When we open in 2023, we will have capacity to shelter up to 10 single men (age 18+).
YOU CAN HELP! Our board has set an ambitious goal to fully fund our first year of operation before opening our doors in early 2023. The Well’s Year 1 budget is $225,000. Gifts of any size will help us meet our goal. Checks may be made out to The Well of Saginaw and mailed to: The Well of Saginaw/2709 Julius Street/Saginaw, MI 48601. We will soon post a PayPal link for online donations and a website is in progress. Be sure to check out the “Men Who Can Cook” fundraiser on Nov. 20 – we’ll have GREAT food and look forward to sharing more about this exciting new ministry for our community.
The Well is a 501(c)(3) organization.
We are extremely blessed and grateful for the warm welcome and generosity we have received thus far. Please help us spread the word so we can meet our funding goal and begin our life-saving work as soon as possible in 2023!